Susan Menke is Vice President, Behavioral Economist at Mintel International Group in Chicago. Susan joined Mintel in October 2005 and is responsible for analyzing market trends, as well as editing Mintel’s Financial Services Industry reports, an in-depth market research series focused on the consumers’ perspective. Her role involves extensive analysis of developments in the insurance, investments and banking sectors, and developing reports that are tailored to the needs of these industries.
As an industry expert, Susan has been quoted extensively in a number of publications, including American Banker, U.S. News and World Report, Money Management Executive, Cards & Payments, Euromoney, and others.
Susan has been in market research and financial services for more than twenty years. Before joining Mintel, she held positions such as Director of Marketing at Fidelity Investments, and taught International Finance at Boston College. Susan has a Masters Degree in Finance and a Ph.D. in Economic Anthropology from the Ohio State University. Her primary areas of research have been Consumer Behavior and Financial Markets.
Posts by this author
- The “Feminization” of Banking – why we need a “kinder gentler” banking experience
- Will Durbin Force Innovation?
- Satan, Stud-dollars and Virtual Beer
- The Social Consumer
- Poor Baby (Boomers that is)
- Behavioral tracking and privacy
- Securitization is a good thing?
- The crowd isn’t always right
- Recession—not yet over in people’s lives
- Loyalty programs, a hot topic for marketers and consumers
- Use of personal information v. targeted deals
- The “New Normal” consumer is speaking out
- Q&A from “Beyond the New Normal” Webinar
- The “New” Normal – haven’t I heard that before?
- Innovation and apps in the payment industry
- Examining the economists who examine the economy
- Sick of Web 2.0? Too bad.
- Are credit unions and smaller banks benefiting from the banking crisis?
- How people feel about financial services companies and social media
- Q&A about 2010 Financial Services Trends
- 2010 Financial Services Trends – get the slides here
- Webinar on 2010 financial services trends
- “My dad’s recession”
- Tough economy calls for Finance Lit 101
- Green marketing in financial services